Libraries are under increasing pressure to connect with the media and to generate publicity that will attract attention, create interest, and win support for their libraries and programs.
Understanding media and publicity can be a daunting task but with the right Public Relations plan in place, you can reach more of your community and promote your library in a way that will build support from your local community members.
In this session, you'll learn:
- How to set realistic publicity goals in 3-6 month increments
- How to identify spokespeople in your library that can be introduced to media
- How to write a press release
- How to create and execute a successful public relations strategy
- The best ways to nurture relationships with writers and publications after a story is published
- How to collaborate with local influencers to gain publicity
Kosi Harris has been a public relations specialist for the past ten years. She specializes in non profit, consumer products and hospitality clients including: EveryLibrary, Time Warner Center, American Heart Association, Easter Seals, Wethos, Peru Tourism, Bird + Stone Jewelry, Tourette Association of America, Wham-O Toys, Grand Canyon Railway, and Reebok Watches.
She has become adept at amplifying the voices of brands and maximizing client visibility through key relationships with press, media, and prominent influencers such as Harper’s Bazaar, Fatherly, Thrive Global, USA Today, Forbes, People Magazine, Buzzfeed, NY Times, and Yahoo Finance.
Kosi holds a BA in Advertising & Marketing Communications from The Fashion Institute of Technology. In 2017, she received her MA in New Media and Public Relations At Southern New Hampshire University.
Kosi current resides in Brooklyn, NY and is a self proclaimed geek.