We’re excited to bring the world’s best political operatives, consultants, community organizers, and fundraisers to libraries again in 2024. The fully virtual conference will take place July 24-26th, 2024.
Did you know that 98% of library funding is political in nature? That means that 98% of library funding is determined by voters and legislators at the local, state, and federal level.
However, in the last ten years, libraries have lost nearly 20% of voter and political support for funding and revenue. And now, libraries are also being attacked by extremist activists and scam PACs and those attacks are gaining traction among voters. If library support continues to erode, libraries will drastically lose funding across the country in the coming years.
Why Should You Attend?
We developed this conference to help library staff, advocates, foundation or friends groups, and associations navigate the world of politics in order to build real support for library funding.
- If your library is going to the voters in the next 5 to 10 years, you need to get started now! At this conference you'll hear from campaign and election experts from some of the largest political firms in the country.
- If you'd like to advocate for libraries at the state or local level, we'll be bringing in lobbying and community organizing experts who can help you build the political power and influence that you need to move your funding agenda forward.
- If you're looking for new revenue streams and fundraising tactics, you'll get the opportunity to hear from funders and fundraisers alike who can help you learn to navigate the philanthropic world.
You'll be learning some of the most sophisticated advocacy and fundraising strategies and tactics from some of the most largest organizations in the country.
Our Sessions and Presenters
We're excited that this conference is specifically designed to bring new knowledge to libraries. That's because you'll be hearing almost exclusively from people and organizations outside of this industry. You won't be hearing from the same library presenters and organizations that you'd see at most other library conferences. Instead, we've sought out presenters and curated a conference agenda that will bring you all new information and ideas around these topics:
- Understanding Library Funding
- Media and Communications
- Library Management
- Understanding and Using Big Data
- Marketing Your Library
- Library Campaigns and Elections
Check out all sessions under each of these conference tracks here!
Support For Local Libraries
Proceeds from this conference are dedicated to building the advocacy ecosystem for libraries in the US and abroad.
50% of your conference registration is put to work through EveryLibrary on direct political advocacy and initiatives like ballot measures and legislative advocacy in partnership with regional, state, and national library associations. 25% will go to research, training, and voter education through the EveryLibrary Institute, a 501c3 non-profit. The final 25% will be used to offset the cost of the conference and pay staff and presenters.